TNPDS Details :
TNPDS, It signifies Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System is an initiative taken in the progress of making the system more digitalized that is an attempt to make state government moving from manual to an automatic system. The citizens of Tamil Nadu can gather information on TNPDS smart ration card usage and also can easily check the ration card status.
This system has made the work easier as it has reduced the effort of manual work and also it saves time for people also the working employee.
For now, the government is converting the old ration card to the new ration card for gaining the smart control on the ration system.
TN RATION CARD TYPES
For now, the TNPDS system includes 4 types of ration cards in Tamil Nadu taking care for a particular category of the citizen residing there-
- Light Green Cards-those who can get rice and other commodities from the Fair Price Shops (FPS).It can also include the people who hold the Antodaya Ann Yojana card.
- White Cards- who gets extra 3kg sugar over the decided quota.
- No commodity card – who are not capable of getting any commodity from ration shops.
- Khaki cards – for police people up to the rank of inspectors.
This automation of the TNPDS system has increased the service of consumers. Now, there are various services for the citizens such as online portal, mobile app, SMS service, Call Centres, email service, and also social media platforms like Facebook.
- Add members
- Change of address
- Family Head member change
- Remove the name of a family
- Card Cancellation
- Card-related service request status
- Change Sugar Card to Rice Card
- TNDPS Registration Steps in Online Portal
- 1. Step 1- Go to the official website which is https://www.tnpds.gov.in/.
- 2. Step 2- On the homepage of the portal Click on “Smart Card Application”.
- 3. Step 3- applicants have to fill in all the important details like the name of the family members, application no., address, etc. They also have to upload the photograph of the head of the family in the decided or given format.
- 4. Step 4 – Finally, they have to add family member details, gas connection details, and declaration and have to submit the form.
- 5. Step 5 – After submission, they will receive a reference no. / Application no on their registered mobile number. They have to keep this application number safe until they get their smart ration card. With this number, they can also check the status of their application.
- Visit here to register/ apply – https://www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/registeracard/register-a-card.xhtml
2 thoughts on “TNPDS | Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System 2022”